YOUR 2014 LOVE KARMA: Venus Rx sez to Mars Rx: “WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN MY PANTS?!”
To view in your browser: CLICK HERE
“What is the body? That shadow of a shadow
of your love that somehow contains the entire universe.” Rumi
Happy Solstice! 2014 kicks off with Venus and Mars, the planets of love and passion, involved in an ongoing intoxicating dance through midsummer that may very well leave us reoriented—in an exceptionally good way—about the nature of our own Yin/female and Yang/male energies.
Here’s the scoop:
1. Liaison-loving Venus in stoical Capricorn goes retrograde (i.e. RX) today and will remain so until the end of January, bringing up the romantic pragmatist in us all—especially if it comes to old loves reappearing looking for another go-round . . . if they haven’t already.
2. Action-oriented Mars has been in Venus’s sign of Libra since December 7th and will remain there for an unprecedented eight months (instead of the usual two months)—because of a six-week retrograde cycle starting on April 2nd.
3. This will inspire us to want to take actions with the Libran vibe of an iron fist in a velvet glove. In other words, assertively initiating what we want to manifest—in word, thought and deed—with a discriminating mind, impeccable timing and skillful means.
4. Passionate Mars is also the God of War so, if you decide to go to the dark side, be warned that you may find yourself acting out like a sledgehammer weighing down that velvet glove, especially if you’re not vigilant in exercising impulse control. You need to watch out not to be too forcibly passive-aggressive, topping from the bottom, or leading from the back . . . or your plans may ultimately backfire.
5. When this Venus/Mars rebalancing culminates at the end of July, not only will Mars be in Venus’s sign, but Venus will be in Mar’s sign, Aries—and then the gloves will really come off!
When I meditated on this Yin/Yang dance, one of my favorite old Taoist tales came to mind:
A formal delegation from the Confucian temple decided to visit a Taoist hermit in the mountains and seek his advice. When they arrived at his hut unannounced, they were scandalized to find him completely naked. “What are you doing meditating in your hut with no pants on?” They demanded. “The whole world is my hut,” he replied. “This small room is my pants. What I want to know is:
WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN MY PANTS?”
Added to all this potentially delicious reorganizing of our male and female energies, we have the North Node of Destiny moving into relationship-ruling Libra for eighteen months beginning on February 19th. This is HUGE as it only happens every nineteen years!
The North Node in Libra will continuously inspire us to take the high road in all our relationship dealings—ever reminding us that if we don’t choose what is for the highest good of ALL concerned (including ourselves), we are incurring karma. Simultaneously, the South node of our karmic past in warrior Aries will consistently be tempting us to act out from a “Me First” mentality, exacerbated by the concurrent Mars Rx this spring.
The quote that best epitomizes the Libran North Node of destiny is from M. Scott Peck:
“Love is the will to extend one’s self for the purpose of nurturing one’s own or another’s spiritual growth. Love is as love does. Love is an act of will—namely, both an intention and an action. Will also implies choice. We do not have to love. We choose to love.”
In closing, how do we make the most of our love karma this year? We need to choose to see the world like a Taoist sage and view All of Life as our primary Love relationship—which I like to call our “cake.” Then, all our other love relationships, in whatever form they’re presented, can be savored as the deliciously sweet—but ephemeral— icing on our cake that they truly are. It’s important to keep in mind how many varieties of love there are: platonic, romantic, erotic, spiritual and divine, to name a few.
Or, as Rumi so eloquently puts it:
“Are you fleeing from Love because of a single humiliation?
What do you know of Love except the name?
Love has a hundred forms of pride and disdain
and is gained by a hundred means of persuasion.”
The good news is that, for many of us, 2014 may actually bring us more than our usual share of sweet moments, with no bitter aftertaste, especially if we keep in mind to:
I. Be fully present in the Eternal Now within each sweet moment and savor it—as it will never come again.
II. Release any attachment for more, once the moment has passed—if we want to avoid the suffering of unrequited desire.
III. Use any desire arising as a tantric practice—by continuously breathing it in and out until we become One with the emotion of desire and experience merging with our primary food supply—which is always Source, the Tao or All of Life.
IV. REMEMBER : Personal love relationships are tasty courses in the banquet of Life that come and go, but the ultimate feast is always infinite Divine Love—right here and right now . . . and smile.
2014 will feel like we’re being put through a yin/yang karmic spin cycle, but all for a good purpose: to help us release stereotypical male and female roles once and for all.
Wishing us all a massive heart-opening year of enjoying our full range of Being more than ever before,
J o a n
PS I’m used to saying: “fasten your seatbelts” in these newsletters. But, for this one—at least in the safety of our own homes—“loosening up” may be more in the Flow. 🙂
by Joan Pancoe
“When one gives whatever one can without restraint, the barriers of individuality break down. It no longer becomes possible to tell whether it is the student offering himself to the teacher, or the teacher offering herself to the student. One only sees two immaculate beings, reflecting one another like a pair of brilliant mirrors.” Lao Tzu
LOOKING FOR THAT PERFECT GIFT FOR YOU OR A LOVED ONE?
Here it is:
A Psychic AND Astrological Reading ALL IN ONE
YOUR 2014 LOVE KARMA
FOR MORE DETAILS:
PLEASE feel free to call or email me to discuss details or to customize a session based on specific needs:
If you enjoy receiving these newsletters, I’m now posting more frequent news updates on my website:
AND on my Facebook page:
To help catalyze an opening to a higher perspective, I’ve written a number of articles on themes such as: body karma, spiritual teachers, addiction and much more: WRITINGS
If you’d like to read more about my karmic pleasure rut:
For more of Joan’s art:
NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF THE RIPPLE EFFECT—PLEASE SHARE THIS WITH YOUR FRIENDS