TOP TEN REASONS to CELEBRATE 2016 (Even If You’re Still Hungover from Last Year)
TO VIEW IN YOUR BROWSER: CLICK HERE
“If everything seems under control, you’re probably not moving fast enough.” MARIO ANDRETTI
Happy New Year! As 2016 begins, I’ve decided that the most useful thing I can do is cultivate an attitude of gratitude as, even more importantly than personal resolutions, the tone of the mass consciousness needs all the help it can get.
My channels have emphasized to me that Divine Order-ly Chaos will continue to escalate on the planet over the coming years and that each of us, to the degree we’re able, needs to hold a tone of equanimity, faith in the Flow, and yes, gratitude for our precious incarnations and the Earth just as it is.
As we celebrate this new Great Age, we’re dealing with accelerating energies moving us toward a tipping point in the unified field of consciousness. I hope you’ll enjoy my personal countdown of marvelous incentives for rejoicing:
10. “We are in the perfect circumstances for our Souls to learn whatever they designed this whole game to learn. As the process of karmic fruition speeds up, our lives get freer and freer from attachment and we create less and less karma.” RAM DASS
In other words: The less attachment we have to circumstances, people, places and things being the way we want===the less spinning our wheels, suffering, and karmic bondage we create. Isn’t free will grand?
9. “Welcome and attend them all. Even if they’re a crowd of sorrows, who violently sweep your house empty of its furniture, still, treat each guest honorably. He may be clearing you out for some new delight.” RUMI
If we review our personal history with 20-20 hindsight, how many of us can say that our most traumatic experiences reaped the deepest soul growth and healing over time? And, if you haven’t raised your hand yet . . . it’s a coming.
8. “Death, impermanence, things that go wrong, laughter, colour, autumn leaves, light sparkling in puddles, cars breaking down, relationships ending, falling in love—all are the play of existence, the movement and change that is reality. It is only experienced as unsatisfactory when we try to stop movement and change, or see movement and change as painful. Once we have a real understanding of the cause of our experience of samsara as unsatisfactory, we can engage with it in a light-hearted manner. We play with our life experience, rather than feeling like a victim of our circumstances.” Ngakpa Chögyam
On the morning after events like terrorist attacks or tsunamis or any other potentially life-threatening circumstances, can we watch the sun rising as if on the very first day of creation? If so, we become ever more aware that—even when the sky “appears” to be falling—we can choose to respond with an “OH, WOW” rather than an “OH, NO.”
7. “To me, every hour of the day and night is an unspeakably perfect miracle. Seeing, hearing, feeling are miracles, and each part and tag of me is a miracle. Henceforth I ask not for good fortune. I myself am good fortune. Re-examine all that you have been told... dismiss that which insults your soul.” WALT WHITMAN
The Buddha spoke at length about how rare and precious a human incarnation is . . . but we just keep forgetting. If we could only remember to begin and end each day with a “thank you,” then we just might be able to experience our own Being as the original fortune cookie and taste our innate sweetness. Yum!
6. “From the Buddhist point of view, the Chinese officer who is committing the cruel act against the young boy is initiating a new cycle of negative karma. In the case of the child, there is a closure of a particular karma that the child is experiencing. The perpetrator of the crime is in fact an object of more compassion and mercy than the child.” DALAI LAMA
From facilitating thousands of past-life regressions, I can honestly share that some of the greatest karmic gains come from past incarnations with the most suffering, and the lives where there was the most abuse of power incurred the most karmic poo-poo. The wheels of karma grind exceedingly slow but exceedingly fine. Everybody—sooner or later—gets their karmauppance, rest assured. So, that’s just one less thing to ever be concerned about! (Unless you’ve been veery naughty:))
5. “The one who knows how to live knows how to die. The one who knows how to fall in love knows when the moment has come to fall out of it. He falls out of it gracefully, with a good-bye, with gratitude. If one really wants to live life in all its richness, one has to learn how to be consistently inconsistent. How to be able to move from one extreme to another—sometimes rooted deep in the earth and sometimes flying high in the heavens, sometimes making love and sometimes meditating. And then, slowly, your heaven and your earth come closer and closer, and you will become the horizon where they meet.” OSHO
It’s not about embracing only vertical development and loving unity consciousness OR about embracing horizontal development and being a lover of duality/polarities—it’s about embracing the full range of vertical and horizontal, unity and duality simultaneously and holding that split-screen with no preference. When we fully dive into our bodies, emotions, physical senses, and all the wonders of the earth plane while remaining fully present with WHAT IS, then the space/time continuum dissolves and we are always Right Here and Right Now with infinite levels of heaven (or hell) to choose to be in. The wisdom of “no escape” becomes visceral as we realize there truly is nowhere else to go. It’s never “either/or” in my book—it’s always AND and BOTH.
4. “The Warrior of Light knows that everything a person does has enduring consequences—his victories, his defeats, his enthusiasm and his despondency—all form part of his Good Fight. The glory of the world is transitory, and we should not measure our lives by it. We are all protagonists of our own lives and it is often the anonymous heroes who leave the deepest mark.” PAUL COELHO
Many of us delude ourselves into believing that we have a great mission to bring some “thing” important to the world that will outlast us and give our lives more meaning, and that this calling supersedes dealing with our personal issues. But, if we place manifesting our trans-personal dharma before healing our personal emotional, family and body karma, then we need to know we may be setting ourselves up to get whacked down to size (in a good way) in the area we’re avoiding healing. And, if we’re hard at the inner work of healing ourselves, then we need to know that healing our hearts is the greatest gift we can make to the Heart of the World.
3. “When a cat falls out of a tree, it lets go of itself, becomes completely relaxed, and lands lightly on the ground. If the cat made up its mind that it didn’t want to fall, it would become tense and rigid and would just be a bag of broken bones upon landing. In the same way, it is the philosophy of the Tao that we are all falling out of a tree, at every moment of our lives. As a matter of fact, the moment we were born we were kicked off a precipice and we are falling—and there is nothing we can do to stop it. So, instead of living in a state of constant tension and clinging to all sorts of things that are actually falling with us because the whole world is impermanent, be like a cat. Don’t resist it.” ALAN WATTS
This may be one of my favorite quotes of all time as it epitomizes the philosophy I aspire to live by on a daily basis. We get to choose whether to: fight a riptide, take others “stuff” projected at us personally, or resist surrendering fully to the Flow of Life, especially when it’s knocking us down. Or, we can hold the faith that whatever is pushing at us is a form of spiritual resistance training—to make us stronger and more flexible—AND that the Flow will always carry us in perfect time to the other shore.
2. “All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.” Arthur Schopenhauer
Not so long ago, the belief that the Earth revolved around the Sun could get one killed. We must be making some progress because, as we enter 2016, beliefs that: Healthcare for all is a good thing, gun control is necessary, global warming is real, and all forms of fundamentalism are based on ignorance and fear—are slowly gaining ground. In fact, I believe that we’ll look back at this time with 20-20 hindsight and see it as a pivotal tipping point in which the majority began to hold these truths to be self-evident. YAY!
1. “This whole creation is essentially subjective, and the dream is the theater where the dreamer is at once: scene, actor, prompter, stage manager, author, audience, and critic.” Carl Jung
On the subject of destiny versus free will, Jung also said: “When an inner situation is not made conscious, it appears outside as fate.” My take on this is: “We always have free will in how we choose to deal with our karma as it arises, and this choice determines our destiny”(aka fate). In other words, if we get pissed off enough at our circumstances—and justifiable anger is one of the most dangerous and toxic emotions—then, sooner or later, our body (or personal reality) will explode with somatizing symptoms to get our attention that our “house” is on fire.
If we look at the mass reality as a mirror or projection of our mass shadow—we still have a long way to go. That’s why it’s best to start with ourselves. For, if we can learn how to maintain peace in our inner kingdom, then, if you believe in the power of the ripple effect—so it shall be.
In closing, wishing us all a year of ever-expanding cracked-open Hearts and Minds allowing more Light, Love and Gratitude in than ever before.
J O A N
Would you like to learn how to have “Peace in Your Inner Kingdom”? It’s a one-hour psychic empowerment session, by phone or in-person in NYC and, with a special price of $150 through January 31st only, it’s the gift that just keeps on giving.
Please don’t hesitate to contact me to discuss how we can best customize a session for your specific needs at this time:
To get your chart for free:
Feel the need for some help in dealing with “the quickening” of energies now? Then it’s time for a daily mind/body/spirit practice that feeds your Soul! If you’d like to learn what keeps me sane, serene, internally stable and grounded, please check out:
If you enjoy receiving these newsletters, I’m now posting more frequent planetary updates on my Facebook page:
Hope you Like and Share!
And on my website: NEWSFLASHES
If you want to watch me performing past-life regression therapy, here’s A YOUTUBE Video of my A&E Channel TV Episode. It’s only 22 minutes:
If you’re interested in how karmic development shapes one’s destiny, please enjoy my erotic/psychic memoir:
To help catalyze an opening to a higher perspective, I’ve written a number of articles on addiction, spiritual teachers, astrological themes and much more: WRITINGS
For more of Joan’s art:
NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF THE RIPPLE EFFECT—PLEASE SHARE THIS WITH YOUR FRIENDS